Adapted from the BC Ministry of Education
1. With support, I can show a sense of accomplishment and joy, and express some wants, needs, and preferences. I can sometimes recognize emotions. I can participate in activities that support my well-being.
2. In a safe, supportive environment, I can share my ideas and accomplishments, and accept responsibility for my actions.
I can use strategies that increase my feeling of well-being and help me manage my feelings and emotions. I can connect my actions with both positive and negative consequences. I make decisions about my activities and, with support, take some responsibility for my physical and emotional well-being. I can express my wants and needs and celebrate my efforts and accomplishments.
3. I can recognize my strengths and use strategies to focus, manage stress, and accomplish my goals.
I can be focused and determined. I can set realistic goals, use strategies to accomplish them, and persevere with challenging tasks. I can tell when I am becoming angry, upset, or frustrated, and I have strategies to calm myself. I can make choices that benefit my well-being and keep me safe in my community, including my online interactions. I advocate for myself and my ideas; I accept myself.
4. I can recognize my value and advocate for my rights. I take responsibility for my choices, my actions, and my achievements.
I can set priorities; implement, monitor, and adjust a plan; and assess the results. I take responsibility for my learning, seeking help as I need it. I use strategies for working toward a healthy and balanced lifestyle, for dealing with emotional challenges, and for finding peace in stressful times. I know how to find the social support I need. I have valuable ideas to share; I can imagine and work toward change in myself and in the world.
5. I can identify my strengths and limits, find internal motivation, and act on opportunities for self-growth. I take responsibility for making ethical decisions.
I can take ownership of my goals, learning, and behaviour; I act on what is best, over time, in terms of my goals and aspirations. I recognize the implications of my choices and consult with others who may be affected by my decisions. I sustain a healthy and balanced lifestyle. I am aware of my personal journey and reflect on my experiences as a way of enhancing my well-being and dealing with challenges. I can advocate for myself in stressful situations. I take the initiative to inform myself about controversial issues and take ethical positions.